Interfreight Code of Ethics sets out the basis of the company’s relationship with customers, suppliers, staff and the law. It is derived from the Group’s operating values and practices.
Interfreight core values: 1. Loyalty of staff to management and management to staff. 2. Commitment to quality service and a willingness to go the extra mile. 3. Valuing of people: demonstrating care for the interests of customers and all who do work for Interfreight. 4. Building enduring relationships with customers and suppliers through long-term commitments and face-to-face contacts. 5. Honesty in communication with customers and all who do work for Interfreight. 6. Compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and internal Group policies.
Code of ethics principles:
1. Interfreight group companies respect and abide by the laws of the countries in which they operate and all relevant supranational laws and regulations. Interfreight people conduct their business in full understanding of, and in compliance with, Interfreight policies including those covering corruption, bribery, money laundering, whistleblowing and trade sanctions.
2. The company respects the rights and cultural practices of people in the countries in which it operates.
3. The company provides a work environment free of discrimination and harassment based on age, ancestry, colour, mental or physical disability, race, religion, sex.
4. People who undertake work for Interfreight do so cooperatively in a spirit of trust built on honest communication, professional conduct, fairness in business dealings and in full compliance with all laws and regulations.
5. Interfreight companies are committed over the long term to creating a more sustainable environment through the development of effective recycling and waste management policies and practices.
6. Interfreight employees recognise the importance of contributing to the well-being and development of the communities in which they work.
7. Interfreight is committed to causing no harm to the environment